Congratulations, your product/service has made it to the international markets and the sales are going through the roof!So good to hear, isn’t it? However, let’s go back in time to find how things usually go to end up here at this exact moment.Behind every marketing localization project, there is a much more complex bag of tips that some businesses often overlook. While the whole point is to go global, there’s more than just that. Your core plan should be all about ‘selling right’.Here are quick and handy tips and tricks to fix your localization market project and keep your business on track with your core plan.
Collaborate with Localization Experts.Yeah, that’s kind of predictable, but it doesn’t make it any less true.Marketing localization is becoming more and more complex, with a lot of things to work on and put into consideration. The process involves several elements, including:
- Web and app localization,
- Software localization,
- Development and Engineering,
- Translation/Post-Translation Formatting
- Audiovisual localization (subtitling, transcription, voice over),
- Marketing and Advertising, and
- Native translators and linguists,
- Marketing Experts,
- Desktop Publishing (DTP) Specialists,
- SEO specialists,
- QA testing teams, with
- An accomplished localization project manager efficiently and effectively pulling the strings and putting together the efforts of his team to produce superior results.
Localize Everything.Did we mention everything? Here’s a ‘small’ checklist for what you need to localize, including but not limited to:
- product/service name,
- websites and apps,
- software and design of the layout,
- headers, footers, menus,
- graphics, colors, images, cultural references, themes,
- offers, currencies, measurements, phone numbers,
- taglines and slogans,
- marketing and advertising campaigns, and
- social media.