The Quality Keepers
At BayanTech, we believe the first step to deliver quality translations is to select quality linguists. Translators act as our first line of defense, buffering against linguistic and cultural errors and facilitating the QA process by minimizing corrections and language ambiguities.
Our vendor selection process is not merely about choosing from among several thousand translators listed in various databases; it also involves strict adherence to BayanTech’s global strategy, anticipation of future needs, and defining business areas and subject matters.
We choose linguists who have not only the technical knowledge required but also the passion for crossing linguistic and cultural bridges and the unique talent of changing a text’s language while keeping both meaning and fluency intact.
We accept no compromises to our strict selection criteria
Our linguists are regularly evaluated in terms of linguistic or functional quality as well as service quality, including responsiveness, troubleshooting capabilities, communication skills, professional attitude, and adherence to deadlines. Based on our continuous quality assessment and our clients’ feedback, we provide the appropriate training and guidance, making sure all linguists are aligned with the industry highest standards.
The Language Filter
Our robust QA system aims at sweeping away all errors. In the translation/localization industry, even the smallest or the seemingly most insignificant error can cost time, money, and customers, ultimately affecting the success of your business
At BayanTech, we abide by the (ISO 9001:2008) certification standards and have developed a unique QA model that can be adjusted to each client’s requirements, guaranteeing impeccable translation/localization services
Utilizing Translation Memory and groundbreaking terminology tools, we offer first-rate services at competitive rates so that our clients no longer need to jeopardize the quality of their translations by opting for cheaper, but average-quality services
We implement unique QA methodologies to define, measure, and analyze the quality of each translation/localization project, working towards delivering error-free translation/localization services
We also apply a comprehensive quality checklist, checking each product/service linguistically, culturally, functionally, and cosmetically
Here are a few examples of our QA metrics
- Maintaining terminology consistency and adherence
- Applying standard grammar as well as syntax rules and conventions of the target language
- Style guide adherence
- Cross-product consistency ( text is consistent with occurrences in other products)
- Fluency (text flows naturally and doesn’t sound awkward)
- Style or tone consistency (text does not contain multiple writing styles)
- Correct placement of punctuation marks
- Appropriate tone, reading level, and formality for the intended audience.
- Making sure there are no corrupted characters
- Ensuring graphics are completely visible and not covering the text
- Checking Jumps and pop-ups and making certain they are working
- Correct page encoding
- Functional internal links
- Adaptation of external links to the localized site, if applicable
- Length and segment verification
- Proper alignment and formatting of tables
- Consistent use of formatting for software terms, cross references, etc.
- Appropriate image quality, position, rollovers, alignment, and indentation
- Correct display of trademark and copyright symbols
- Matching the target language page size, page number formats, header/footer formats, and margins with those of the source language
- Adaptation of cultural references, such as date and time formats, units of measurement, currency, number formats, and sorting order
- Geopolitical correctness
- Customization of images, colors, graphs, and logos to the target locale culture